Creating Space for your Pets at Home
Post by : favouritehomes
Your pets are more than just animals to you; they are your friends, buddies, your silent companions. They can come furry, feathered or finned, but they all require your time and attention. They depend on you for their well-being and it falls on you to provide them with a safe and comfortable home, without much inconvenience to yourself. When buying homes, most people don’t think about pets, they are usually an afterthought to be added after purchasing the home.
These pets may be man’s best friend, but they aren’t always easy to live with. Constantly tripping over your pet’s water dishes or dealing with the animal fur or the stench from the litter box, do have their downsides. But it doesn’t always have to be that way. Here are some tips on peacefully cohabiting with your pet at home:
- Give them their own personal space to hang out in, a place that’s a little secluded and lined with comfy washable cushions.
- Find strategic areas to keep your pe’s food and water bowls, so you don’t keep tripping over them. Under the kitchen island, the laundry room or under the staircase are some ideal locations.
- If you can’t avoid using carpets, then opt for short-piled carpets which are easier to vacuum and get rid of animal dander. Or go a step further and use rugs made of natural fibers like jute or sisal that make getting rid of fur easier.
- Pawprints or scratches aren’t exactly very appealing, especially on your expensive rugs or pale-colored couch. To keep the peace at home, clip their nails regularly and go for synthetic materials that are stain, smell, and germ-resistant. Or if you want it classy, go for durable leather which is easier to maintain.
- Keep your pet safe from cleaning chemicals, choking hazards, electrical points, and even the waste-bin.
- Store pet food neatly in dry containers so they don’t spoil or get infested with insects or rodents, after all, you don’t want them getting sick.
- Your pet’s litter box doesn’t have to be an eyesore either. There are numerous trendy upscale designs available that can make litter boxes into a statement style.
- Regularly grooming pets is essential to controlling fur issues and preventing allergies. Groom them just before bathing and after bathing to prevent blocking of drains and spreading fur all over the house.
All this helps in living harmoniously with your pet.